12.9.07

Freedom's Just Another Word For 'Nothing Left To Lose'

(Me and Bobby McGee, Janis Joplin)

I am so glad to be back in Waterloo. I missed doing ensemble things. The Citizen's band just doesn't do it for me. I can't deal with sitting around for two and a half hours every week while George woodsheds with the clarinet section. Now, I don't mean to be mean or anything. I just haven't got the patience to play in a community band where the people who play well get ignored and those that don't ever practice just spend the whole time woodshedding as a group. Not patient enough for that. Oddly enough, I am really glad to be back in the place where you just get yelled at for not practicing. Or failed. It's nicer. Wierd, eh?

I am finally back to having my own life. I love it. It's really hard to go from not answering to anyone, and having no one know or care where you go at night to being back in a family unit, and trying to be a decent person, and let people know what you're doing and all that jazz. It's hard. I'm glad to be back. I missed the building, and the people, and all the craziness that is not working at Tim Horton's. I couldn't deal with that my whole life. Maybe that's why I am so glad to be back. My job was eroding my will to live. That's certainly what it felt like.

I can't wait until we get really into ensemble. We're playing Carmina Burana, which I LOVE. I think it will be a lot of fun. And probably really hard. Ah well! Awesome part: No piano proficiency this year! Woo!

Okay, I have places to be, and things to do. Like sleeping. More tomorrow!

No comments: